WiredCosmos.com is an open environment where like-minded individuals can interact with each other, learn together, converse and share opinions. As a public and open environment, irrespective of registration practices, users should adhere to these community guidelines for the benefit of everyone.
I’m not asking for you to be someone you’re not – unless you’re a jerk – in which case you will likely need to find another blog to hang around. I mean don’t abuse others on here and don’t abuse the site. I want WiredCosmos.com to be a place to learn about the amazing universe that we’re all part of. All I ask is that you do your part in helping us make this happen.
Be respectful of others, especially when disagreeing with them.
If everyone had the same opinion, the world we live in would be a sucky place so I encourage discussion. When stating your opinion however, please be prepared for others to disagree. When you disagree with someone else, please do so in a constructive, respectful way. And remember do not post things just to irritate other people.
I take the “Be Polite” rule very seriously on here. Any site visitor who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive and participates in the following will be banned without warning:
- Personal attacks of any kind made to any site visitor;
- Racial slurs or comments of any kind;
- Hate speech of any kind (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity);
- Nudity, predatory behavior, threats, or cyber-bullying;
- Also note, if you SPAM this site in any manner, you will be blacklisted. If you have something other readers might be interested in, let me know about it at jd.carr.tx [at] gmail.com.
2. Do not annoy others by posting the same thing again and again
Repetitive posts, links, and pictures will be removed. Remember that forcing your ideas on people by reposting will simply annoy them, but will not necessarily get them to agree.
3. No adult content allowed
Keep it clean – nothing here that you would not want your mother to know that you were saying or viewing.
4. Do not share personal information about yourself or anyone else
Keep in mind at all times that WiredCosmos.com is public. If you don’t want others to know about something, don’t put it on here.
5. Help keep WiredCosmos.com orderly by reporting any problems you see on the site including content that violate these rules.
If you see something that violates these rules and it bothers you, then report it to support [at] wiredcosmos.com and I’ll deal with it promptly. You don’t need to report things multiple times or have your friends also report the same issue.
Violation of these Rules of Conduct will likely result in being blacklisted by WiredCosmos.com.
Spammer’s accounts will be deleted and their IP address banned. I have a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on spam. If you spam readers, or do other “spammy” activities you’ll be blacklisted.
Here’s a list of what I would consider to be spam:
- Posting the same content in multiple places on the site;
- Posting multiple outgoing links in chats, comment areas, etc.;
- Posting affiliate links, google ads or pay-per-click links;
- Posting content which is not relevant to the topic and the WiredCosmos.com readership at large;
- Using WiredCosmos.com as an advertising venue. If you want to advertise on this site, contact me at support [at] wiredcosmos.com;
- Using WiredCosmos.com solely as a means to recruit members to another site and not contributing anything to the community.
This is YOUR Community
WiredCosmos.com is for everyone. I want you to have fun on here and to get involved! You may not like everything you see/hear/read on here and that’s okay. If something violates site policies, just report it to me and we’ll handle it. In the meantime, sit back, have a good time, and let’s learn some cool new stuff together. Thanks for reading this!
— Jason Carr